Eek! Excitement. So I’m scrolling through my emails and get one from WordPress telling me about a comment and then see that Inside the mind of a bibliophile nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is just so cool, to know that people are reading my posts and have actually gone to the effort of doing something like this. So I just want to say thank you to Chanice from Inside the mind of a bibliophile for nominating me. I’d never heard of this award until today, but it’s to give recognition to new or undiscovered blogs.
So here are the questions that Chanice left for me:
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I like to organize stuff, so making my blog look pretty and having everything in order is really fun for me.
2.If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which one would it be and why?
The Bible, because I’m a Christian and would never want to be without it.
3. What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I don’t generally eat while I’m reading, but if I did it would be some sort of small chocolate thing, like minstrels or maltesers.
4. If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
Macy from The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen.
5. What is your least favorite genre and why?
The classics aren’t really a genre but I almost always find them truly boring to read.
6. What is your favorite contemporary novel?
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
7. Who is your favorite book blogger? (Tag them)
8. Has a book ever changed your life or your perspective on certain things? If so, which book?
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. This book gave me a really good sense of what it’s like to be a black person in a world of white, but the other way around. Things that never would have occurred to me as a white person really gave me something to think about when reading this book. Like how almost all plasters for sale are sold in a pinky beige colour that would completely stand out on a black person. It just left me in a thought filled haze about how society works.
9. How many books have you read this year and how close are you to your yearly reading challenge goal?
I have read 97 books so far this year out of the 100 that I want to read, so I’m pretty close.
10. What is your favorite book that you’ve read in 2015 so far?
How they Met and Other Stories by David Levithan, this is a compilation of short story’s about love and is so cute and I absolutely loved it.
11. What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
Towering by Alex Flinn. Her other books were so good, but unfortunately this wasn’t.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. When I was ten I broke both of my arms within two months of each other.
2. My best friends name is Sinead, we’ve known each other since we were three, but only really became friends when we were eight or nine.
3. I’m a vegetarian and have been for a year now.
4. I’m prone to scarfing a whole tub of Ben and Jerry’s even if it makes me sick.
5. I hated reading as a child with a passion.
6. Me and my sister order so often from Pizza Hut Delivery that the staff know us by face and our order off by heart. (Large pizza half peperoni, mince meet and onions,other half plain cheese). They got a new delivery boy, but we all know fantasy’s don’t come true.
7. I found out I was dyslexic when I was twelve.
8. My hair is currently purple and blue.
9. I currently work as a kitchen assistant at a Hostel in the next village over from mine.
10. I crave food and all things sweet.
11. I love to stop and stare at the world around me and just take in all the beauty that’s in it.
I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award:
The Paper Dragon
A Daily Life Blog
Tea Bags and Books
High on Book Madness
The Book Venom
Welcome to Terabithia
Utopia World for Readers
It’s Only Three
Here are the eleven questions for my nominees to answer:
1. If you could spend one day in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?(Book, movie, TV show)
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What novel would you want to be made into a movie and who would play the lead character?
4. What is your favorite quote?
5. What format are you most comfortable reading in?(paperback, hardback, ebook, audiobook)
6. If money was no issue, where would you travel and why?
7. Ice cream or cake, and which flavor?
8. Biggest pet peeve?
9. Who would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
10. What book made you feel the most emotion?(Happiness, sadness, anger)
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Well that’s it. This was really fun and I hope you guys all go and check out the blogs that I’ve mentioned! For those that I’ve nominated, if you can’t get all of the rules then don’t worry. Between 5-11 bloggers is fine and if the blog has more than 200 followers no worries, if they’re a small blog and deserve it then that’s all that matters.
Happy reading 🙂